Xinhua/Wang Ying/Getty Images
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Here’s what you need to know before markets open.
1. Global stocks rise after Mnuchin says $600 stimulus checks are set to arrive. See what markets are doing today.
2. UK approves Oxford-AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine. The country has ordered 100 million doses, enough for 50 million people.
3. Snapchat will surge 45%, Goldman Sachs says. Here’s why Goldman reiterated its Buy rating on Snap’s shares and set a $70 price target for the company.
4. Difference between the dot-com bubble and today’s soaring stock market. Here’s why interest rates are one major difference, according to DataTrek.
5. Elon Musk promises 3 free months of Tesla’s ‘self-driving’ software. The automaker plans to release the driver-assistance system as a subscription service in early 2021.
6. Chinese tech crackdown is bullish for US tech stocks. Brewing crackdowns on tech stalwarts like Ant Group and Alibaba may bode well for US tech stocks next year, according to Wedbush.
7. On the data docket. The Energy Information Administration’s crude oil stocks change and US wholesale inventories are due.
8. Here’s how UBS recommends investors hunt for yield in 2021. And three alternative options to owning bonds.
9. Baillie Gifford shares 7 Chinese stocks you need to own. China’s recovery from coronavirus makes it an attractive place with “superior returns” for Western investors, according to Roderick Snell.
10. Jason Teed has beaten 99% of his investor peers this year. He shares his advice for navigating the stock market in 2021.
Source: Read Full Article