Good morning and welcome to your weekday morning roundup of the top stories you need to know.
For more daily and weekly briefings, sign up for our newsletters here.
What’s going on today:
- Dozens were killed in a stampede at a religious festival in Israel. Revelers were celebrating Lag B’Omer in the Mt. Meron area of Israel when a grandstand collapsed. More than 150 people were injured and authorities are still searching through the scene with the hopes of finding survivors.
- Joel Greenberg put it in writing that Matt Gaetz paid for sex with a minor. According to a new letter from Greenberg, who was indicted on 33 felony counts, he and Gaetz and another unnamed man would pay young women for sex with “gas money or gifts, rent or partial tuition payments.”
- Start spreading the news… New York City plans to fully reopen on July 1. Mayor Bill de Blasio said the city is ready for businesses, stores, offices, and theaters to open at “full strength.”
- The dognappers accused of shooting Lady Gaga’s dog walker and stealing her pets have been arrested. The LAPD had not released further details, but sources told TMZ that three people were arrested.
- Rudy Giuliani says the quiet part out loud. The former New York mayor appeared on Tucker Carlson Thursday night to plead his innocence following an FBI raid on his home and office yesterday as part of a federal investigation into Giuliani’s dealings in Ukraine. “I could have destroyed evidence years ago,” he insisted.
- Sorry, but this bird probably has more Instagram followers than you. Meet the aptly-named Frogmouth whose perpetual disdainful scowl has made him “most Instagrammable.” How fowl.
That’s all for now. See you Monday.
Source: Read Full Article