- With the introduction of iOS 14, the Apple Voice Memos app now includes a one-touch Enhance feature that removes background noise from recordings.
- To enhance a selected iPhone voice memo recording, tap the "magic wand" icon in the top left of the screen while in "Edit Recording" mode.
- You will have to apply the Enhance tool to any of your voice memos individually, as there is currently no way to remove background noise on groups of recordings.
- The Voice Memos app allows you to revert to the unenhanced version of a recording at any time.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Part of iOS since the beginning of the iPhone, the Voice Memos app allows you to record short voice notes and reminders or more extended audio like interviews.
Despite its intended use, until recently, there was no way to improve these recordings' quality without exporting the audio file to another program. But starting in iOS 14, you can enhance an iPhone voice memo with a single tap within the Voice Memos app.
The new Enhance tool uses artificial intelligence to reduce background noise and reverberation. There are no dials or sliders to fiddle with; it's either on or off for each voice recording. You can enhance any voice memo – a new one or an older memo you recorded long ago.
Any changes are fully reversible, and you can hear the changes immediately. You can also go back at any time and turn Enhance on or off.
Here's how to enhance your voice memos.
How to enhance an iPhone voice memos recording
1. Start the Voice Memos app.
2. Tap the voice memo you want to enhance.
3. Select the three-dot icon to the left of the playback controls.
4. In the pop-up menu, choose "Edit Recording."
5. At the top left, tap the Enhance icon, which is shaped like a magic wand.
6. If you like the changes the Enhance button makes, leave the button enabled, and then tap "Done."
7. If you think the Enhance tool makes the file worse, turn off Enhance before tapping "Done."
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to use pinch-to-zoom in the Voice Memos app on an iPhone to precisely edit and trim recordings
How to download Voice Memos from an iPhone in 3 different ways
'Why won't my iPhone update to iOS 14?': How to troubleshoot your iPhone's updating issues in 4 ways
How to turn on and add custom words to the new Voice Control feature on an iPhone with iOS 13
How to use and turn off VoiceOver on an iPhone, and disable the audio descriptions and gestures associated with the accessibility feature
Source: Read Full Article