BLACK FRIDAY is almost upon us, and the annual shopping bonanza is a brilliant time to get big discounts on mobile phone deals.
If you're looking to upgrade, the epic November sale is the best time to do it. Read on for our top tips on how to sniff out an incredible deal.
- Shop Carphone Warehouse deals here
- Shop Three deals here
As each year goes by, the Black Friday sale period grows ever longer, with many retailers rolling out their deals from the start of November.
As a general rule, the week of Black Friday is when most of the top deals will be live and it is the best time to start looking out for phone deals.
Generally the best place to look for phone deals at any time of year is one of the major phone retailers, however during Black Friday you can also find some great offers by heading directly to the official networks.
Which retailer will have the best Black Friday phone deals?
It's hard to say what constitutes the best phone deals, as it will depend on what you're after: big data, low upfront cost, or a reasonable bill at the end of each month.
But what we can say is that there's an awful lot of rivalry among phone networks and providers during Black Friday, and they'll each be trying to offer the lowest rates possible.
We reckon you're much likely to get a bargain on whatever handset you're looking for by visiting one of the sites listed below.
- Affordable Mobiles
- Carphone Warehouse
- Mobile Phones Direct
- ID Mobiles
- Buy Mobiles
- Giff Gaff
When is Black Friday 2022?
This year Black Friday is happening on November 25.
As always it lands on the day directly after the US Thanksgiving holiday.
Not that anyone in the UK will be celebrating over turkey the day before, though.
Black Friday is an American tradition that crept over to these shores a little off a decade ago, and it has grown steadily in popularity ever since.
The huge shopping bonanza is now as big as other key sale periods such as Boxing Day.
When is Cyber Monday 2022?
Cyber Monday falls three days after Black Friday – so in 2022, that's Monday 28 November.
It originally got the name as it was a day of online-only deals, back when internet shopping was more of a novelty and most of the deals on Black Friday were only available in stores.
Nowadays that distinction has pretty much dissolved altogether.
You're unlikely to find many in-store deals that can't also be found on retailers websites too.
Now Cyber Monday is an opportunity for stores to send out their final wave of deals – and potentially slash prices even lower.
If you see an incredible phone deal during Black Friday, you may wish to take a gamble and see if it gets cheaper on Cyber Monday.
But that's a risky move, since that deal might end by the time the Monday comes around. So our advice is not to hang on.
More Black Friday Phone Deals
- Black Friday iPhone deals
- Vodafone Black Friday deals
- Three Black Friday deals
- ID Mobile Black Friday deals
- Fonehouse Black Friday deals
Will there be any iPhone deals this year?
Phone sellers like to focus on iPhones around Black Friday because people can't get enough of Apple products.
Since there are so many retailers offering Black Friday prices these days, it's an especially good time to get a deal as various stores will be competing to provide the best deals.
So if your phone contract is winding down, keep your eyes peeled for iPhone deals from mid-November as there's sure to be some good ones.
What Android phone deals should I look out for?
Black Friday is set to offer up a wide range of Android phone deals. Samsung Galaxy handsets are pretty much guaranteed to have their prices slashed.
You'll often get more for your money if you choose a phone not made by Apple or Samsung, so if you're looking for a phone contract with a lot of data, shop around Android phones this Black Friday.
How do I get the best price on a phone this Black Friday?
You should do your research on the phone you want to buy ahead of time, so you know what a good deal is when you see one.
There are so many retailers fighting to offer consumers the best deal, having a scan around the web and comparing deals can help you save big.
Also, consider how much money you're willing to spend, then try to stick to it – trust us, it's easy to get sucked into the excitement of Black Friday and end up spending far more than you should.
If you want to ensure you're getting the best possible price on a new phone on Black Friday follow these simple steps:
- Break out your calculator and work out the monthly cost over the length of the contract (usually by 24, but not always).
- Add up any upfront costs to the total cost of the contract.
- Compare this against any other offers that catch your eye to see if you really are paying the cheapest price over the term of the contract.
Remember, the best Black Friday phone deals are likely to be on older models, so providing you're not someone who has to have a brand new flagship device, we think you'll find what you're looking for at a great price.
More Amazing Black Friday Deals
- Selfridges Black Friday deals
- Amazon Black Friday deals
- Currys Black Friday deals
- John Lewis Black Friday deals
- Argos Black Friday deals
- Very Black Friday deals
What Black Friday phone deals were on offer in 2021?
Last year the Apple iPhone 13 trio of handsets featured heavily in the Black Friday phone deals on offer.
While Android handsets from Samsung and Google were also on offer with pay monthly deals from as little as £26.
Check out some of the highlights from the fantastic offers from 2021 below.
iPhone 13 Black Friday deals
- iD Mobile, 100GB, £29 upfront, £38.99pm – buy here
- Three, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £45pm, – buy here
- Vodafone, 105GB data, £0 upfront, £47pm – buy here
- Three, Unlimited data, £49 upfront, £54.25pm – buy here
iPhone 13 Mini Black Friday deals
- iD Mobile, 100GB data, £29 upfront, £34.99pm – buy here
- O2, 210GB data, £49.99 upfront, £37pm – buy here
- Three, Unlimited data, £29 upfront, £49pm – buy here
iPhone 13 Pro Black Friday deals
- O2, Unlimited data, £99.99, £50pm – buy here
- Three, Unlimited data, £49.99 upfront, £59pm – buy here
- Vodafone, 200GB data, £79.99 upfront, £47pm – buy here
Samsung Galaxy S21 Black Friday deals
- iD Mobile, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £30.99 – buy here
- O2, 210GB data, £49.99 upfront, £31pm – buy here
- Vodafone, £150GB, £9.99 upfront, £33pm – buy here
Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus Black Friday deals
- Three, 100GB data, £135 upfront, £38pm – buy here
- iD Mobile, 50GB data, £29.99 upfront, £44.99pm – buy here
- O2, 200GB data, £0 upfront, £47pm – buy here
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Black Friday deals
- Vodafone, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £53pm – buy here
- Three, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £53pm – buy here
- O2, 100Gb data, £29.99 upfront, £57pm – buy here
Google Pixel 6 Black Friday deals
- Vodafone, 105GB data, £69 upfront, £26pm – buy here
- iD Mobile, 20Gb data, £9.99 upfront, £27.99pm – buy here
- O2, 250GB data, £0 upfront, £37pm – buy here
- Three, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £35pm – buy here
iPhone 12 best Black Friday deals
- EE, 50GB data, £0 upfront, £32pm – buy here
- Three, 100GB data, £44 upfront, £34pm – buy here
- iD Mobile, Unlimited data, £49.99 upfront, £34.99pm – buy here
iPhone 11 Black Friday deals
- iD Mobile, Unlimited data, £0 upfront, £29.99pm – buy here
- Three, 100GB data, £37 upfront, £28pm – buy here
- O2, 160GB, £75 upfront, £28pm – buy here
iD Mobile Black Friday SIM-only deals
iD Mobile had a number of SIM-only contracts for Black Friday on one-month rolling deals.
- id Mobile, 6GB data, £6 a month – buy here
- id Mobile, 12GB data, £7 a month – buy here
- id Mobile, 100GB data, £12 a month – buy here
- id Mobile, Unlimited data, £15 a month – buy here
VOXI Black Friday SIM-only deals
- VOXI 50GB 5G Plan 2021, from £15 per month – buy here
- VOXI 100GB 5G Plan 2021, from £20 per month – buy here
- VOXI Endless Data Plan 30, from £30 per month – buy here
- VOXI 15GB 5G SIM-only Plan, from £10 per month – buy here
Don't miss our tips on finding the best TV Black Friday deals this year.
Check out all the latest news and announcements in our best Black Friday deals guide.
iPhone fans can find all the best savings in our iPhone Black Friday deals guide.
Sun Vouchers is your one-stop shop for every deal and discount code currently available from your favourite online retailers. Don’t click ‘buy’ until you’ve checked Sun Vouchers for a discount code to apply to your basket.
Source: Read Full Article