Burbank cuts power to restaurant for ignoring COVID restrictions
Tinhorn Flats Saloon & Grill owner Baret Lepejian on choosing to stay open in defiance of coronavirus shutdown orders and how Burbank, California responded.
One Burbank, California restaurant has had enough after weeks of reversals and changing coronavirus guidelines.
“I just decided, ‘You know what, I'm not going to deal with this anymore,’” the owner of Tinhorn Flats Saloon & Grill Baret Lepejian said on FOX Business' “Varney and Co.” “This is nonsense. They're making things up as they're going along.”
LA COUNTY JUDGE AUTHORIZES CUTTING OFF RESTAURANT'S ELECTRICITY FOR TRYING TO SURVIVE PANDEMIC
Lepejian said on Saturday his power got cut after a Los Angeles County judge, one day earlier, authorized the City of Burbank to cut off the restaurant’s electricity for defying a court order issued earlier in the week.
However, Lepejian said he plans to stay open despite Burbank’s “punishment.”
“I have a staff,” he told host Stuart Varney. “I mean, none of the bills go away. The rent doesn't go away.”
CALIFORNIA POISED FOR $19 BILLION SURPLUS, DESPITE COVID-19 LOCKDOWNS
He added that he has seen “a tremendous amount of support,” including some people lending or donating backup generators to the restaurant.
Lepejian said he’s a tax-paying citizen who’s done “all the right things” and called the city’s actions “outrageous.”
“Now they're getting ready to actually chain the doors,” he added.
GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HERE
The city said that the court did not provide permission to padlock the restaurant’s doors but "continues to reserve such a remedy as a last resort."
The city says it will return to court for further orders and enforcement if Tinhorn Flats still refuses to close.
“I'm battling to keep my business,” Lepejian said. “I mean, it's literally a very surreal, almost dreamlike experience going through this.”
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ON FOX BUSINESS
Fox News’ Bradford Betz contributed to this article.
Source: Read Full Article