SCAMMERS are sending out fake Amazon surveys ahead of Cyber Monday, offering shoppers discounts or free products.
The busiest shopping season has arrived, and retailers are seeing an influx of desperate shoppers looking to snag huge deals ahead of Christmas.
However, Better Business Bureau has issued a new warning asking shoppers to be aware of scammers posing as fake retail giants.
According to BBB, scammers are sending fake text messages that appear to be from well-known store chains offering free products, discounts or gift cards to anyone who completes a survey.
Per BBB, many of the scammers state that it is a limited-time offer, so you’ll need to act fast if you want to receive your gift.
If you click the link, instead of going onto the store’s official website, it will take you to a third-party website where you’ll be asked to fill out a form with personal information, such as your full name, address, email and more.
By clicking on the link, you may even download malware onto your device, giving scammers access to more personal information.
The scam may have a Black Friday and Cyber Monday twist; however, BBB advises that folks should watch out for similar scams the entire holiday season.
According to BBB, Amazon is the No. 2 spot for most impersonated brands, with 771 reported scams related to the tech giant in 2020.
The only organization to top Amazon was the Social Security Administration, which was used 1,467 times by scammers in 2020.
CYBER MONDAY DEALS
As shoppers flocked to stores on Black Friday, Cyber Monday could be your last chance to shop the year's best deal on everything you need for the holiday season.
Amazon's Cyber Monday deals arrived today, as shoppers can get big savings across all categories, including tech, fashion and home for Cyber Monday.
- Shop Amazon UK Black Friday deals here
- Shop Amazon US Black Friday deals here
Below is a list of companies with huge Cyber Monday sales going on now.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: The home goods retailer is offering a massive amount of savings like 50 percent off bedding and throws, bath towels, window curtains and blinds, rugs and furniture
- Best Buy: Select Cyber Monday deals on all the tech and appliances you need are available now.
- The Home Depot: Save big on appliances, holiday decor and other home improvement needs.
- Kohl’s: There are thousands of deals in-store and online for Cyber Monday, including 15% off and $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent on all purchases.
- Lowe’s: The Season of Savings Event is on, with loads of deals on holiday decor, home goods, tools and everything else your house might need.
- Macy’s: Thousands of apparel and home items are marked down for Cyber Monday.
- Nordstrom: More than a thousand styles from top designers are seriously discounted, with deals on accessories, beauty and more.
- Target: Shoppers can snag major savings across product categories from fashion and style, to home goods, tech, toys and more.
- Walmart: Walmart’s finishing off Cyber Monday with some major savings across product categories like tech, home, apparel and more.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS
Source: Read Full Article