- You can install Gmail add-ons to integrate your accounts and streamline your workflow with programs like Zoom and Slack.
- In the G Suite Marketplace, accessible through Gmail's settings menu, you can browse add-ons by category or popularity, or search for a specific add-on.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Gmail add-ons are just what they sound like: additions of existing third-party technology to the software that can make it work better for you, or help you integrate other software that you may already use — especially for work. Popular incorporated apps include Zoom, Slack, and Asana.
Regular add-ons don't appear on the Gmail mobile app, but you can still access that add-on's information through its external application. For example, the calendar app on your phone will still remember events that are integrated into it through your gmail account.
Even still, it's relatively easy to get add-ons in Gmail — here's how.
How to install Gmail add-ons in a web browser
1. Log into your Gmail account on a desktop web browser.
2. On the main page of your Gmail account, you'll see a sidebar on the right side with icons running down it — these are all your add-ons. Any new add-ons you install will display here.
At the bottom, you'll see a Plus "+" button. Click that to get to the add-ons menu.
Note: If you don't see the side panel, it's probably hidden. Look in the bottom right corner of your screen for a small gray tab with an arrow "<" symbol on it — click on it to bring out the add-ons menu.
3. In the pop-up window, you can either search for the particular add-on you want, or click the menu icon in the top left corner to browse by popularity or category.
4. Once you find the one you want, click on it, then click "Install" to begin the process. Then follow the on-screen instructions to finish adding your new Gmail add-on application.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to change the page size in Gmail to display more or fewer emails at a time
How to turn off the predictive text feature in Gmail, or add predictive text personalization
How to get rid of the Google Meet function in the Gmail mobile app and remove the video-chat icon from your inbox
How to save attachments from Gmail to your Google Drive on a computer or mobile device
How to create email templates in Gmail so you can save time formatting routine emails
Source: Read Full Article