I got rid of mould in my conservatory in seconds using 95p product

Handy tips for cleaning mould in the house

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Some damp is caused by condensation, which can lead to a growth in mould that appears as a cloud of little black dots. If not treated, mould exposure can lead to a range of health issues including wheezing and irritation. For people with health conditions such as asthma, the presence of mould could cause the condition to worsen. After noticing mould appear at the top of my conservatory, I decided to act on it, and fast.

Olivia Young, Astonish’s Cleaning Chemist, told Express.co.uk: “Mould and mildew are forms of fungus, typically associated with humid or wetter seasons so the colder weather we experience in winter is the prime time for it to develop. 

“When the weather becomes cold and we turn our heating on at home, the manufactured warmth reacts with the cooler conditions outside. 

“This reaction, of hot air with cold windows or the rising warmth into cooler attic spaces, causes a build up of condensation which is the perfect environment for both mould and mildew to thrive. 

“Areas such as windows and shower curtains are the most common places for mould to expand and grow, as a result of the precipitation and dew.

“Doorways and places where moisture collects on the ground are also common culprits, as well as any areas where there may be leaks or openings, allowing the moisture to make its way inside.”

Despite my best attempt to keep the conservatory ventilated, it is the room I dry washing in and so I started to notice a build-up of mould around the top of my conservatory.

I also have the dehumidifier on when drying clothes as well as keep the windows open, but it gradually got worse over the course of a week.

So, I decided to try Astonish’s Mould & Mildew Blaster to tackle the problem, and it is one of the most popular mould products on the market.

Homes Under the Hammer buyer boosts Brixton home value by £592k [VIDEO]
Six methods to keep clothes clean without washing them [COMMENT]
Where to put ‘easy to maintain’ Christmas cactus when flowering [INSIGHT]

The spray claims to effectively blast away any tough stains in a matter of minutes.

Olivia added: “For a long lasting solution to tackle the build up of mould and mildew, the spray can be used regularly to prevent an environment for it to grow. 

“The spray is easy to use, needing only one spray followed by a rinse or a wipe.”

It was as simple as that, I took the scented spray and squirted it along where I had a trail of mould. 

I left it for a few seconds to allow the product to work before taking kitchen roll and following along the same line. It instantly removed the mould without the need to scrub or rub the product in.

The spray cost me around 95p in Wilko, but it is also sold in other major supermarkets such as Asda and Tesco.

I was so impressed with the product because it got rid of the mould so quickly and so effectively. Although I know I need to keep the spraying up, it has been a week and no mould has returned.

Mrs Hinch and her followers also often rave about the spray on dedicated cleaning Facebook pages. Posting on the Mrs Hinch Cleaning Tips Facebook page, Lisa McCarthy wrote: “Astonish Mould and Mildew Blaster is brilliant.”

Leah Craven said: “Astonish Mould and Mildew Blaster! Works perfectly. Keeps mould at bay for a good few weeks, probably longer.” Alison O’Brian commented: “Astonish Mould and Mildew Blaster is incredible. Absolutely incredible, only product I use.”

Astonish’s Cleaning Chemist also recommended investing in a dehumidifier to keep condensation at bay. Balancing the internal environment of the home is one of the primary ways to eliminate any growth.

Olivia said: “This can be achieved through using a dehumidifier to achieve a constant temperature. 

“It’s also important to eliminate any moisture after cooking or taking a shower, by using extractor fans to eliminate condensation and prevent the creation of a damp environment for mould and mildew to grow.”

Source: Read Full Article