RING has started to roll out a brand new Live View bonus feature for iPhone and Android owners.
It lets Ring users launch the Live View option for a chosen Ring Doorbell or Camera with just one tap.
There will be a Live View widget that Ring customers can pin to their phone’s home screen.
However, it will only show footage from one device only, be it your Ring Doorbell or Camera, according to a Ring expert in the company's community forum.
To add an additional Camera or Doorbell, you'll need to add another Ring widget to your home page.
This feature is on Ring app version 5.58 for iOS and 3.58 for Android.
READ MORE ON RING
People are realising they’ve got the WRONG smart speaker for their Ring doorbell
Ring doorbell owners warned of button to NEVER press – or you’ll miss alerts
To add the Ring Live View widget, simply follow these steps:
- From the Home Screen, touch and hold a widget or an empty area until the apps jiggle.
- Tap the Add + button in the upper-left corner.
- Select a widget (Ring), choose a widget size, then tap Add Widget.
- Tap Done.
- Press and hold on widget > Edit widget > Choose available Ring Doorbell or Camera.
Most read in Phones & Gadgets
Android and iPhone users warned delete fake apps now – 8 warning signs
I'm an Apple expert – you're making a common iPhone mistake killing your battery
Android and iPhone users warned over ‘juice attack’ that takes everything
iPhone fans accuse Apple of 'crushing battery life' – but there's an explanation
- Press and hold on the Ring app icon and choose widgets > Place widget on a Home screen and choose Ring Doorbell or Camera
- Press and hold on the Home screen and choose widgets > Search for Ring and Place found widget on a Home screen > choose Ring Doorbell or Camera.
It should be noted that, as with all new features, this will be on a slow rollout until it is available for all neighbours.
This means you may not receive the update at the same time as other Ring owners.
The roll out began in late March, however.
So if you still haven't received the new feature, then make sure your Ring app is updated to the latest version.
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to delete your Instagram account
- What does pending mean on Snapchat?
- How to check if you've been blocked on WhatsApp
- How to drop a pin on Google Maps
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How to go live on TikTok
- How to clear the cache on an iPhone
- What is NFT art?
- What is OnlyFans?
- What does Meta mean?
Get all the latest WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadget stories here.
Source: Read Full Article