When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- The LG 55SM8100AUA is down 44% to $499.99 for Amazon Prime Day 2020.
- The usual price for this 55-inch 4K TV is $899.
- This sharp display features edge-lit local dimming for improved contrast and supports both Alexa and Google Assistant.
- You'll also find support for HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Atmos sound.
- Sign up for Insider Reviews' weekly newsletter for more buying advice and great deals and check out all the best Prime Day tech deals here.
The Amazon Prime Day 2020 deals just keep on coming, and if you're hunting for a new TV, this one might be for you. The LG 55SM8100AUA is currently being offered at a 44% discount, which drops the price from $899 down to $499.99. That's not bad for a 55-inch 4K TV.
While OLED TVs are superior, not everyone wants to spend over $1,000, so this NanoCell TV from LG could be a solid alternative. It's a 55-inch LED panel with local dimming to improve the contrast. With that said, this model uses edge-lit dimming which isn't as impressive as full-array dimming. Still, the display is bright and offers vibrant color with high dynamic range (HDR) capabilities.
It's a smart TV, so you have support for Amazon's Alexa and Google Assistant built right in. This TV also works with Apple's AirPlay 2, so you can cast from your iPhone or MacBook with ease.
Whether you're upgrading your main TV or buying for a den or bedroom this could be a good option, but there are also many other compelling Prime Day TV deals and Prime Day tech deals to peruse.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
You can purchase syndication rights to this story here.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article