After Barack Obama’s two online commencement speeches Saturday went over so well, Twitter wags decided to imagine a speech to graduates from the sitting president.
Donald Trump claimed he didn’t listen to what Obama said to 74 historically black colleges and universities and high school graduates across the nation, but he did take a moment Sunday to slam his predecessor as a “grossly incompetent” president.
In his speeches, Obama took some not-so-subtle jabs at Trump — without mentioning his name. The COVID-19 pandemic has “finally torn back the curtain on the idea that so many of the folks in charge know what they’re doing,” Obama said. “A lot of them aren’t even pretending to be in charge.”
Twitter critics didn’t imagine Trump discussing a sound COVID-19 strategy in an imaginary commencement address. Instead, their dreamed-up comments were pegged to his recent remarks about testing, his repeated bragging that he’s an expert on just about everything and his propensity to duck responsibility:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.
Source: Read Full Article